We make every possible effort to assist all Student Veterans in having a smooth transition from military to academic life. These efforts are offered by various departments and offices at UNC Asheville along with other resources to support your unique transition.
Come visit the Veterans Center for Excellence in Highsmith 118!
Important Links to Information:
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs: The US Department of Veterans Affairs offers a variety of information including information on the GI Bill and how to apply.
- Benefits & Enrollment: Visit the Office of the Registrar to learn more about available benefits, frequently asked questions and to complete the application for benefits.
- Admissions: Visit the Admissions Office in order to apply to UNC Asheville or for any questions or concerns you may have in regards to the university.
- Financial Aid Office: The Financial Aid Office at UNC Asheville can help you in completing all necessary steps in order to be eligible for financial aid including information on how to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Joint Services Transcript: A Joint Services Transcript must be completed in order to receive credit for your military training; this applies to all current and former members of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.
- UNC Serves: This is a UNC System wide effort that seeks to improve access, retention, and graduation rates for active-duty service members, Veterans, and their families at UNC institutions.
- Health & Counseling Center: The Health and Counseling Center has professional staff dedicated to the health and wellness of all UNC Asheville students and take great precautions to ensure your privacy.
- Office of Academic Accessibility: This office functions as a source of information, educational outreach, and advice, as well as a communication link among individuals, faculty, and staff.
For information about the Transition and Care Management Program at the Charles George VA Medical Center in Asheville, NC please visit the link below: